Friday, August 6, 2010

Popcorn for Breakfast

So, I saw on Brown Eyed Baker a recipe (if you can call it that) for Homemade Popcorn.  I bought some popcorn kernels and popcorn salt the other day and we have made popcorn every day since.  In fact, yesterday, Cidney and I had popcorn for breakfast.  She said, 'Mom, will you make popcorn?'  I said, 'No.'  She said, 'Please?'  I said, 'No.'  And so on and so on until I finally gave in.  And then we had popcorn again last night while Cort watched tv and the rest of us read or played on our iPods.  It is really so much better than microwave popcorn and just takes a tad bit longer, but it is very worth the wait.  Here's the link if you want to try it, although the recipe on the side of the popcorn kernel jar is exactly the same - How to Make Perfect Homemade Popcorn.  And if you look on her home page, you'll find her Salted Chocolate Shortbread cookie recipe that looks so delicious.  I think we may try that this weekend.

I want to share this video of a great singing family that visited our church a few weeks ago.  They were a blessing to us on our Old-Fashioned Western Sunday and we are so happy to have met them.  Very talented family.  This is my favorite song that they sang, although all of them were so good.  Rochester Family - Ephesians Chapter 1.

See y'all tomorrow.

0 comments: