Monday, January 25, 2010

Notebook Covers and Cake

Hey, y'all.  I finished a couple of little notebook covers today that I thought I'd share with you.  Very easy - just cut, quilted, and bound. 


 This one was just for practice so I could make sure I had the measuring part right.  I only had a fat quarter of the fabric I really wanted to use, so I decided I'd do a test-run first.  It's ok - not my favorite fabric choice, but it'll do for now.  Or maybe I'll give it to someone.   

Here's the one that I will use for my stuff.  I reeeeally love this fabric, don't you?  It is really soft and quilted beautifully.  I want to make more, but I don't have a reason to, really.  Cidney wants one for a composition book she has, so I will make that for her and then move on to other things.  Like Brad's quilt that I have been promising him for years.  Years.  That sounds bad, but it's true.  Gotta get that done.

Ok, here's that recipe I promised you.  I don't have pictures of it because, well, it got eaten.  Not just by us - we had help.   But it's the most delicious, cinnamon-y, moist cake you'll ever eat.  And it's even got a vegetable in it!  That's got to be good for you, right?

Zucchini Cake

3 eggs, beaten
1 c. oil
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
3 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 c. peeled, coarsely grated zucchini

Glaze

1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 tsp. milk

Combine first 4 ingredients; mix well.  Add dry ingredients and mix.  Add grated zucchini.  Pour into greased and floured 10" Bundt pan.  Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes.  Cool 20 minutes before removing from pan.  Spoon glaze over cake.

Enjoy every bite!  And remember - it's zucchini.  It's good for you, so have two pieces. 
   

4 comments:

Kim Sykes said...

It is delicious. I will be saving this recipe and making it soon. Thanks again for sharing it with us.



Kim Sykes said...

I love the notebook covers too.



Barbara said...

Ummm!! Zucchini Cake is yummy! The journal covers look great. How many years???



Anonymous said...

I still have the book cover you made me for Christmas one year! I use it all the time.
D'Lynn