Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oh Fransson quilt

I am back from Spring Break in Texas and am ready to get sewing!  My mom always does that - motivates me to get busy when she shows me all of her latest projects.  We didn't have time this go-around to actually do any crafting, but we did get to make tamales (a success!) and plan Brad's Harley t-shirt quilt.  I also borrowed a few patterns from her for future makings.  For now, though, I want to show you the fabric I chose to make Oh Fransson's latest project, the New Wave Quilt.  I've been wanting to do something with black and lime green, so this will be it.  I know it will be lovely.
If you haven't explored her site, go look when you get time.  She has so many helpful tips and beautiful quilts.  I love that her blocks are very traditional, but in modern fabrics and colors.  And that girl cranks out a quilt almost every day, it seems.  She must not have any short people in her life.  Oh, well, I wouldn't trade mine for anything, so I will just get done what I can get done. 

I'll be back in a couple of days with some progress on this and other projects, Lord willing.  I have to keep chanting, Harley quilt, Harley quilt, Harley quilt.  Maybe I'm not motivated to work on it since it's not pretty colors - just black and grey.  But I will get it done for my honey - and soon.

0 comments: